Hiding from God


 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom. ~Psalms 51:6 


This verse from Psalm 51 changed my relationship with God.  

A few years after becoming a Christian I was very busy being religious.  I kept striving to be godly, reaching for the next rung on the ladder to heaven.  

I said yes to every opportunity to "serve."  I had to.  The next good work might be the one that proved to God that I was not struggling.  

One day during my requisite Bible reading I came across these words...Thou desirest truth in the inward parts...  Those words flipped a switch in me.  I instantly realized that it was okay to admit my struggles to God.  Not just okay, in fact, it was His desire.

That was when I poured out my heart to God.  I told Him my struggles and my sins and you know what?  He wasn't shocked.  He already knew every inch of "the inward parts" of my heart.  He just wanted me to release it all to Him, to let Him in so He could heal my broken places.

And He did.

Thank you Jesus that you see our actions before we conceive of them, and hear our words before we speak them.  Knowing all this You still accept us and cover our sins.  Praise You Father.

2 comments:

Pat said...

REALLY needed this, thanks for sharing. I have recently talked to my DIL about how I feel I am so busy for God but feel almost like I have no real relationship with Him. I do humbly ask for your prayers about this matter adn thanks for this blog.

Anonymous said...

Lorie,

I think many of us as Christian women get "caught-up" in the "works" part of religion. Sometimes, it's hard to accept the fact that when we come to Christ that he accepts us as we are. Our salvation comes through Him alone, not "works."

This was a beautiful post. Your new blog is very inspiring and soul-reaching. I LOVE it!

-LR