Where Do You Dwell?

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.  - Psalms 91:1-2


For most of my life my dwelling place was in fear and worry.  

By the time I married I had actually developed a philosophy of life based on fear.  I thought that if I imagined the worst case scenario in every situation, that I was protecting myself.  I would never be surprised by the horrible things life had to offer and therefore I would not be hurt by them.

I didn't realize that I was actually bringing all the hurt and pain into my life.  Not all of the terrible scenarios of my mind came to pass in the physical realm.  However, by entertaining the dark thoughts of "what if," I was dwelling among them in my mind and heart.

Every day we must decide where we will dwell.  

Are you being tempted to dwell in fear?  Run home to your savior.  Run to the secret place of the most High.  Declare that the Lord is your fortress, your hiding place where worries can not enter.  He will meet you at the gate and scoop you into His arms.  He will place you in the protection of His shadow.  

Lord Jesus, thank you for being our shelter from the worries of life.  Thank you for healing our wounds, for comforting us in our pain.  Keep us from the temptation of fear.  We rejoice in this day and praise You for this life.  Thank you for abiding among us.
in Jesus name, Amen.





4 comments:

Trail Blazer said...

I have come to some of these realizations in just the pass week or so. I think i always knew these things to be true, and i have heard people tell me over and over but sometimes you don't belive until you come to the conclusion yourself.

I constantly filter things through old hurts and fears of new hurts. When that happens I do exactly, that make new hurts. I refuse to be held captive by old hurts and fears anymore. It is a process of taking every thought, emotion, and fear captive BUT it is well worth the time and effort to do so.

I want to dwell in the Lord's presence at all times.

Thank you so much for this blog, really! I have already gleaned some much from 2 posts, and it has already confirmed things i have been discovering in my own heart. I know many more people will be blessed, encouraged, and changed by this. Way to go stepping out Miss Lorie!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Thank you...you reminded me to take every thought captive to the word of God and He did't give us a spirit of fear. As my husband deals with some health issues, and our financial security is all gone, I have to grab those those of "what if" and remember the truth of His word.

Stacie said...

I am inspired.

Anonymous said...

Lorie,

I think that you and I have much in common. Thank you for sharing your heart. At least I know that I am not alone in these struggles.

-LR