Godly Discontent

 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. - 1 Timothy 2:4 


In my last post we talked about the blessings of contentment.  Is there such a thing as godly discontent?  I think so.

Do we want all men to be saved?  Are we content to allow our unsaved friends and family remain in their dangerous state?

I believe godly contentment frees our hearts and minds for godly discontent.  Contentment comes when we stop dwelling on ourselves and how to better our situation.  We then look around and see that we are surrounded by those who need the love of Christ.

We should not be content with this.

This week let's allow our godly discontent to motivate us.  Let's leave our fears behind, walk in love and change the world for Christ.

2 comments:

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Amen...I think that is what I got from the video I posted, that we are to be His light to a world in darkness, and to those other believers who are walking through dark times. When I stop focusing on my own dark moments then I can shine the light of Christ that is in me...this little light of mine, as my son sings.
Great encouraging post!

Anonymous said...

Lorie,

I will concur with Janette's comment. However, sometimes I get a little "shy" about these kinds of things. I guess it's something that I will need to work on with my Lord.

-L. Rose